For Thanksgiving this year, Canadian and Trivet head chef Jonny Lake created a one-night only menu that combined his memories of family Thanksgiving dinners with his creative talents honed over an acclaimed culinary career (including as head chef at the Fat Duck).
Members who joined us for Thanksgiving enjoyed:
- Trivet Canadian lobster thermidor (Veg option: Silky carrot and braised leek, lemon and tarragon oil)
- Roast turkey porchetta, mashed potato, brussel sprouts, maple glazed carrots, butter milk fantin, turkey sauce and cranberry Jelly (Veg option: Grilled celeriac with freekeh, dill with all trimmings)
- Pumpkin pie
- Gourmet butter tarts to take home
Head sommelier Isa Bal dug into his encyclopedic wine knowledge and accessed special suppliers to create a unique wine flight that accompanied our feast. The list included an unusual North London sparkling wine. In addition:
- Forty Hall vineyards, Enfield, London, UK: traditional style made with organically grown champagne grape varietals by a non-profit operation where all profits are donated to a mental health charity
- Cotes d’Avanos, Chardonnay, Capadoccia, Turkey: chardonnay from a continental climate, rich, smooth with roasted nuts, creamy and ripe fruit flavours
- Etna Rosso, Nerello Mascelese, Graci, Sicily, Italy: a nerello mascelle grown on the foothills of Etna, with a lightish body, soft tannins and a subtle fruitiness
- Chateau Delmond, Sauternes , Bordeaux, France : classic sauternes that is sweet and still refreshing, gentle bitterness balances out the sweetness of candied lemons, hint of saffron.
Thank you to all who attended and we look forward to welcoming you to our next event!
The Committee of the Canada Club